Tuesday 10 November 2015

Women’s crochet fingerless gloves

These gloves were made using a fabulous pattern by Maaike van Koert (click here for pattern). The instructions are very good and include lots of photographs to assist understanding.

The pattern uses 4 ply yarn and a 3mm hook. I used 5 ply yarn instead, plus the 3mm hook, and started with the suggested 50 chain. The gloves are a good fit (I have  a small wrist and medium sized hand and these gloves would fit a thinner hand and wrist equally well).

For these gloves, I used Paton’s Bluebell 5 ply yarn (50g, 135m, 100% wool, colour 4368 purple). This yarn was great to work with and I would definitely use it again.

Using a 3.0 mm hook, and starting with 50 chain, the pair of gloves used just over one ball of yarn (the pattern stated the pair of gloves would use 183 to 201m of yarn).


I am very happy with the finished product J

No comments:

Post a Comment