Saturday 7 November 2015

Crochet shoulder bag


This is the first shoulder bag I have crocheted. I wasn’t sure what type of bag I wanted to make, and changed my mind part way through, so ended up using a combination of two different patterns.

I started with Crochet N Crafts moss stitch beginner crochet bag (click here), though started with only 20 chain, and then followed the pattern for the base plus 30 rows. Then I switched to a Lion Brand market bag pattern (click here) for the shoulder strap design. I still used the single crochet moss stitch, but followed the principles in the Lion Brand pattern, decreasing the stitches until each strap had 5 single crochet per row. As instructed in the Lion Brand pattern, I also crocheted around the straps with a row of single crochet.

To finish off the bag, I stitched on some buttons and lined it with a floral fabric.

For this shoulder bag, I used Mondial Merino Special Superwash 12 ply yarn (50g, 75m, 60% wool and 40% acrylic). This yarn is lovely to use and has a soft yet chunky finish.

Using a 5.5mm hook, the bag used about 6 balls of yarn, and had a finished size of 14 inches wide by 9 inches high, with a base width of 4.5 inches.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment