Friday 27 November 2015

Women’s crochet cloche hat

This is an easy women’s cloche hat to crochet.

For this hat, I used Lincraft’s Lucciola 12 ply yarn (50g, 48m, 60% wool and 40% acrylic) and Lincraft’s Merrijig 12 ply yarn (50g, 64m, 100% wool). These yarns were easy to work with and produced a hat with a soft yet chunky finish.

Using a 6mm hook, the hat used two balls of the Lucciola yarn (for the body of the hat) and a small amount of the Merrijig yarn (for the rim). I would have preferred to make the entire hat in the Lucciola yarn, however I did not have enough yarn and the colour was sold out at my local store. Luckily, I found a matching colour yarn for the rim.

Pattern:

I used the excellent 1920s Great Gatsby Inspired Cloche Hat Crochet Pattern provided by Hopeful Honey (click here for pattern).

The end product is a very comfortable hat that has good stretchiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment